SURF CAMP PRICING 2018
- Inquiries and Quotes are held for a limited time only. To get a quick quote, please follow this link to place your Enquiry.
- Otherwise, please leave us a message HERE or email us at email@example.com
- Different discounts of up to 20% for various group sizes
- Long Stay discounts
- Non-surfers travelling with surfers get 56% off rates
- Kids under 10 come for free as well as disabled surfers accompanied by an adult
Photography and Surf Etiquette
Parting from the principle that we are not the only ones in the water (at least not all the time) we want your surfing holiday to give you a bit more than some amazing memories. We want you to be a better surfer for yourself and the rest of the community wherever you travel to. We will HD video every single session and display it during the evening with the hopes that you can review your performance critically over and over for accountability and improvement purposes. Videos can be available for purchase as a prepaid packet (10 days $199AUD) or paid for directly at the camp (AUD 299)
We also impose strict etiquette rules where common sense and sharing prevails. Not all waves are the same and size makes for different approaches. Our surf guides will be out there helping you out get the most along with the rest of the crowd if there is any 😉
Standard Rates include:
- Private western style bathrooms
- Daily speedboat surf expeditions
- Daily video/photo footage for display during evenings to track progress (with option to be prepaid or sold individually)
- Three big, delicious meals every day cooked by our Le Cordon Bleu head chef
- Drinking water, tea, cereals, coffee
- Experienced English-Spanish-
Portuguese-Indonesian speaking surf guides/staff
- Snorkeling & Fishing/Spearfishing equipment
- Beginner wave out front and surf guiding
Whats not included:
- Beer, alcohol, and soft drinks and espresso machine
- Full media package (photography and video service)
- Plane tickets
- Medical/Travel insurance
- Mentawai Regency TAX 100AUD per 15 days stay per person
- Board Rental, Equipment Rental
Premium Exclusive Set Trip (EST) Rates include:
- Padang Airport collection & drop-off
- All Padang Taxis
- Hotel accommodation in Padang on the evening before departing Padang to Mentawai at the start of your trip
- Exclusive and direct return Ferry trips from Padang to Playgrounds with Mentawai Fast for the guests of Kandui Resort, Kandui Villas and Mentawai Surf Camp ONLY
- Speedboat from Playgrounds to Mentawai Surf Camp
- Mentawai Regency Tax
Travel set dates for trips in with exclusive and direct crossings, please inquire within for pricing or book online directly
- Feb 26 – Mar 9
- Mar 9 – Mar 19
- Mar 19 – Mar 30
- Mar 30 – Apr 9
- Apr 9 – Apr 20
- Apr 20 – Apr 30
- Apr 30 – May 11
- May 11 – May 21
- May 21 – June 1
- June 1 – June 11
- June 11 – June 22
- June 22 – July 2
- July 2 – July 13
- July 13 – July 23
- July 23 – Aug 3
- Aug 3 – Aug 13
- Aug 13 – Aug 24
- Aug 24 – Sept 3
- Sept 3 – Sept 14
- Sept 14 – Sept 24
- Sept 24 – Oct 5
- Oct 5 – Oct 15
- Oct 15 – Oct 26
- Oct 26 – Nov 5
We also offer the flexibility of not travelling on set trips. Prices per person for surfers taking the public Mentawai Fast are $360 AUD per surfer return. $300AUD for non-surfers. this Price is set for travelling on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Ferry departs Padang 7am and arrives Padang 6.30pm. Travelling on other days is available at a surcharge of $300AUD per boat (fits 1 – 6 surfers)
- Padang Airport collection & drop-off
- Ferry ticket
- Speedboat from Siberut to the camp
Does Not include:
- Padang Accommodation
- Board bag Ferry fee
- Mentawai Regency Tax, payable at ferry counter
The ferry departs 7 am from Padang, travels via Sikabaluan, has a one hour stop, then continues to Maura Siberut. Here you’ll be collected around 1.30 pm (by speedboat) and taken directly to the camp. Approx. arrival at the camp is about 3 pm.
On return, you’ll depart the camp approx 1pm by speedboat, arriving at Maura Siberut around 2pm. The Mentawai Fast Ferry departs 2.30pm and arrives in Padang approx 6.15 pm.
Set Trips, Exclusivity, Time saving
For 2018 and 2019 our guests will have the option of using the Mentawai Fast Ferry exclusively with the guests of Kandui Resort and Kandui Villas to take our guests from Padang directly to our location with no stop-over.
You’ll need to overnight on your first night in Padang as the boat will leave 7.30 am and there is no way of arriving early enough to make the connection.
The ferry departs 7.30 am from Padang, travels directly to the Playground area. Here you’ll be collected around 11 am (by speedboat) and taken directly to the camp. Approx arrival time at the camp is noon.
On return to Padang, you’ll depart the camp approx. 10.30 am by speedboat to Playground, arriving around 11.30 am. The Mentawai Fast Ferry leaves Playgrounds at 12.30 pm and comes in Padang approx. 4 pm with enough time to catch your Flight to Jakarta on the same day
Basic Itinerary for exclusive transfer set trips
Guests arrive Padang the night before their departure day from Padang, picked up from Minangkabau airport by our Padang Staff
Next morning, taxi to Mentawai Fast Ferry approx 6.45 am
Depart approx 7.30 am, arrive Playgrounds 11 am then take a speedboat to camp arrive at noon.
Guests quickly settle in, Check in, unpack boards & have lunch.
Evening Surf from 3pm-6pm.
Standard days once at the camp:
See our full Daily Itinerary below.
Early surf, returning by 9.30 am
Depart camp 10.30 by speedboat, arriving at Playgrounds around 11.30 pm.
The Mentawai Fast Ferry departs 12.30 pm and arrives in Padang approx 4 pm.
Full Daily Itinerary
A typical day at Mentawai Surf Camp as follows:
The evening before surfing we’ll discuss how we should start the next morning. Usually, we will wake up around 6 am and try to leave before 7 am. On some occasions, we will leave earlier, other times later. During every boat trip, we’ll bring along a gallon of water plus a cold refreshment and some biscuits. Guest are welcome to buy sodas or beers and bring them along in the boat fridge. Just before departing, a quick wind and tide check to decide where to head first & if unclear we will head to our closest breaks and assess the situation from there.
We will usually surf until midday (or later) & come back for lunch and then head out again in the afternoon. We often return from surfing around dusk, where we will head back to the camp cruising through amazing sunsets for some well-deserved dinner and epic evenings at the bar!